1. How long have you been a member of NASGW?
The Big Rock Sports Companies and prior to that the Avis Sports Group, have been members of NASGW since 1993. Prior to that our individual legacy companies All Sports, CSI Sports and Henry's were members as well.
2. In what ways does your NASGW membership help your wholesale business?
3. What do you see as the biggest issue in 2016 for the shooting sports industry?
I think the uncertainty of the elections and the candidates at this point in time is the biggest unknown. It has the stock market jittery, and depending on who wins the election the legislative pressures on the second amendment could escalate.
4. What advice would you give to a new manufacturer member of NASGW?
Exhibit at the Expo, listen and learn from your fellow manufacturers, and spend time with the NASGW member wholesalers learning the value that two step distribution brings to the marketplace, and tailor your programs to meet those needs.
5. Why do you think wholesale distribution is the best method of product delivery for the shooting sports industry?
Two step wholesale distribution allows for more timely, in stock inventories and turns for retailers without having to have them commit to excess inventories and markdowns. From the manufacturers perspective, they can concentrate their efforts on the product development and manufacturing, leaving the delivery and payment for their products in the hands of wholesalers who specialize in these services.
6. Anything new on the horizon for your business in 2016?
At Big Rock, we're always looking at new opportunities to expand our market presence, product selection, and service programs to our customers. Last fall we purchased KTL Wholesale in Canada, and are working to integrate our products and services into the company while maintaining it's local flavor. As for 2016, only time will tell what's next on the agenda.
Back to Recent News